HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Top TV Shows of All-Time

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1433
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2010-11-30
Age : 25
Location : Parts Unknown

PostSubject: Top TV Shows of All-Time   Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:58 am

Some people won't know many or watch many so that is fair. I will be listing my top 25 though, roughly in order.

1. Scrubs
2. One Tree Hill
3. Entourage
4. Community
5. The Office (US)
6. Gossip Girl
7. Buffy The Vampire Slayer
8. Seinfeld
9. Chuck
10. Heroes
11. The Wire
12. The Simpsons
13. Arrested Development
14. 30 Rock
15. The O.C.
16. Friday Night Lights
17. Greek
18. Las Vegas
19. Weeds
20. Curb Your Enthusiasm
21. Big Bang Theory
22. Home Improvement
23. That 70's Show
24. How I Met Your Mother
25. Angel

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MANU SOLDIER
Wrestling Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1201
Reputation : -26
Join date : 2010-12-01
Location : Touring WestCoast

PostSubject: Re: Top TV Shows of All-Time   Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:52 pm

My All-Time best is Fresh Prince of Bel Air!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://newagewrestling.forumotion.co.uk/
Storme
The One
avatar

Posts : 744
Reputation : 26
Join date : 2010-11-30
Age : 25
Location : The 36 Chambers

PostSubject: Re: Top TV Shows of All-Time   Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:13 pm

In no real order...

The Wire
Skins
Peep Show
Ponderland
Balls of Steel
The O.C.
Futurama
The Simpsons
South Park
My Name Is Earl

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Y2J X
Main Eventer
avatar

Posts : 814
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Top TV Shows of All-Time   Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:34 pm

"The Drug Ballad" wrote:
Some people won't know many or watch many so that is fair. I will be listing my top 25 though, roughly in order.

1. Scrubs
2. One Tree Hill
3. Entourage
4. Community
5. The Office (US)
6. Gossip Girl
7. Buffy The Vampire Slayer
8. Seinfeld
9. Chuck
10. Heroes
11. The Wire
12. The Simpsons
13. Arrested Development
14. 30 Rock
15. The O.C.
16. Friday Night Lights
17. Greek
18. Las Vegas
19. Weeds
20. Curb Your Enthusiasm
21. Big Bang Theory
22. Home Improvement
23. That 70's Show
24. How I Met Your Mother
25. Angel


I'll be getting to my list as soon as the computer I used is fix (hopefully not long), but I have to say I'm surprised to see HIMYM on the list when only months ago you listed it as one of the most overrated shows.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Tambourine Man
Amateur Wrestler
avatar

Posts : 73
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2010-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Top TV Shows of All-Time   Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:48 pm

Lost
HEROES
Prison Break
King of Queens
Who's The Boss
Freaks and Geeks
All in the Family
24
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1433
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2010-11-30
Age : 25
Location : Parts Unknown

PostSubject: Re: Top TV Shows of All-Time   Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:08 pm

X wrote:
"The Drug Ballad" wrote:
Some people won't know many or watch many so that is fair. I will be listing my top 25 though, roughly in order.

1. Scrubs
2. One Tree Hill
3. Entourage
4. Community
5. The Office (US)
6. Gossip Girl
7. Buffy The Vampire Slayer
8. Seinfeld
9. Chuck
10. Heroes
11. The Wire
12. The Simpsons
13. Arrested Development
14. 30 Rock
15. The O.C.
16. Friday Night Lights
17. Greek
18. Las Vegas
19. Weeds
20. Curb Your Enthusiasm
21. Big Bang Theory
22. Home Improvement
23. That 70's Show
24. How I Met Your Mother
25. Angel


I'll be getting to my list as soon as the computer I used is fix (hopefully not long), but I have to say I'm surprised to see HIMYM on the list when only months ago you listed it as one of the most overrated shows.

It is one of the most overrated TV shows currently on TV after House. It is still a great show though, and has grown on me recently.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Black Dagger
Dark Match Wrestler


Posts : 104
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-12-01
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Top TV Shows of All-Time   Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:49 am

Gossip Girl (I watched 2 series recently and loved it.)
Glee
Entourage
Gavin and Stacey
The Royle Family
The Inbetweeners
Peep Show
Ponderland
Balls of Steel
Come Dine with me (Embarrased)
Pointless
Coach Trip
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1433
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2010-11-30
Age : 25
Location : Parts Unknown

PostSubject: Re: Top TV Shows of All-Time   Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:53 am

Wait, I got you Into Gossip Girl?

Did I also get you into Entourage?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Black Dagger
Dark Match Wrestler


Posts : 104
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-12-01
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Top TV Shows of All-Time   Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:55 am

Yeah I watched Gossip Girl after you compared users to characters and I thought I would check the series out... Only watched series 1 so far... but really enjoying it.

But no I watched Entourage a few months ago and I became intrigued with it Smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1433
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2010-11-30
Age : 25
Location : Parts Unknown

PostSubject: Re: Top TV Shows of All-Time   Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:02 am

Well great to see I got a Male into Gossip Girl Very Happy

Just wish it would receive a bigger male audience because it is a great show.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Y2J X
Main Eventer
avatar

Posts : 814
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Top TV Shows of All-Time   Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:24 pm

This isn't really in order of where I'd rank them, but the order that they came to my mind. Okay...

I. Dragon Ball Z - The show of my childhood. From it's debut (I believe it's second debut) on Cartoon Network's Toonami block, until the airing of the last episode, it was my favorite television show, bar none. I have a ton of incredible memories from DBZ, just like wrestling, I can't imagine what my life would be like without it. Even today, it's still very entertaining, even if I don't won't each nearly as much as I once did.

II. Scrubs - This show's got everything. Amazing characters, very talented cast, fantastic comedy, wonderful music, and some incredible emotional moments. From seasons one-six, and eight, the show is practically perfect, minus a few minor problems.

III. How I Met Your Mother - I love this show. Season one and two are just epic. Season three and four both had a lot of great moments too. Six has been amazing, although it's had it's fair share of awful episodes, something that was rare in the earlier seasons. As for season five, well, that season just sucked. It was painful to watch, and I only really like about seven episodes from that season, but thankfully the writers realized the mistake they made and are fixing it this year.

IV. 8 Simple Rules - This show needs to get a nod from me simply for it's ability to cope with any situation. Personally, I started watching during the David Spade era (as he and Sagal were the only reason I checked it out), but I do prefer the seasons with Paul, just by a little bit. Back to the point, even after the tragic death of the comedic genius of John Ritter, the show managed to rebound and put on a show that was arguable better than when Ritter was there. I switch my opinion on which seasons are better all the time. It's hard to say that for any other show that suffered a big loss.

V. Newsradio - Speaking of shows that suffered big losses, Newsradio is easily one of my favorite shows. The first four season were hilarious, and every season just seemed to get much funnier. It also has a great cast, Dave Foley, Stephen Root, Phil Hartman, Andy Dick, etc. Unfortunately, before the fifth season, Hartman was murdered by his wife. The fifth season suffered big time from the lack of him, although there were definitely worthy things to watch. Patrick Warburton appearances tended to be very funny (note: he was originally considered to replace Phil instead of Jon Lovitz [who turned out to be a big determinant to the show, and I like Lovitz] , that would have been much better), Joe was at his funniest, and the episode, "Bill Moves On" was brilliant. and very emotional.

VI. Spin City - Another show with an amazing cast. Michael J. Fox, Alan Ruck, Barry Bostwick, Richard Kind, etc. For the first three seasons, the season was absolutely one of the best reasons to watch TV. Parkinson was really beginning to take it's toll on Fox, so the fourth season added Caitlin (portrayed by Heather Locklear) to give him reduced work until his exit later the season. Caitlin really ruined the show for me, although it got better as it went on, and delivered an terrific two part goodbye to Fox. The next season came and we got Charlie Sheen, and it actually was pretty good. I was pissed that James, Janelle, and Nikki just suddenly disappeared and no one seemed to notice or care. It wasn't until season six that show started to really decline, after Fox's appearance, and the occasional episode, it became hard to watch, hard to look forward to watching.

VII. The X-Files - An amazing show. What I love about this show is that it wasn't always serious and dark, it's almost hard to believe that the same show can produce episodes like "Home", which was just amazing for how eerie it all was, the fact that it could technically happen (albeit more than highly unlikely), the use of the song "Wonderful" by Johnny Mathis (won't go into detail, not spoiling) and episodes like "Bad Blood", which has me laughing the entire time through. Now, The X-Files obviously had less comedy episodes but those are the ones I tend to watch the most. Season eight introduced a rather bad arc but I personally didn't start getting a little bit more than disinterested until season nine.

From this point, I'm just going to list shows, but they aren't necessarily below the shows above, once again, doing this from what comes to mind first.

VIII. Married ... With Children
IX. Futurama
X. Seinfeld
XI. King Of The Hill
XII. The Oblongs

That's all I can think of right now. Show's like That 70's Show, Yu Yu Hakusho, The Big Bang Theory, Rules Of Engagement, and Gary Unmarried were on the list, but I took them off due to one reason or another. The Oblongs just barely made it on there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rey De Reyes
Dark Match Wrestler
avatar

Posts : 132
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2010-12-01
Age : 25
Location : Happy Place

PostSubject: Re: Top TV Shows of All-Time   Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:58 pm

Here's my list it kinda consist of shows from like 2000 and on but in the 90's all i was watching was cartoons and what not but here it is in no real order.

Degrassi: The Next Generation
King of The Hill
The Nanny
Greys Anatomy
The Closer
Tower Prep
Boy Meets World
Yu-Yu Hakusho
Dragon Ball Z
Friday Night Lights
Growing Pains
Ghost In The Shell: SAC
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Y2J X
Main Eventer
avatar

Posts : 814
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Top TV Shows of All-Time   Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:35 pm

Rey De Reyes wrote:
Here's my list it kinda consist of shows from like 2000 and on but in the 90's all i was watching was cartoons and what not but here it is in no real order.

Degrassi: The Next Generation
King of The Hill
The Nanny
Greys Anatomy
The Closer
Tower Prep
Boy Meets World
Yu-Yu Hakusho
Dragon Ball Z
Friday Night Lights
Growing Pains
Ghost In The Shell: SAC

The Nanny? Ew, I can't stand that show. Although, King Of The Hill, Yu Yu Hakusho, and DBZ are all awesome. Yu Yu Hakusho would easily of been of my favorite lists but I never got to see much past the Dark Tournament, as CN switched it's timeslot to one in the morning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rey De Reyes
Dark Match Wrestler
avatar

Posts : 132
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2010-12-01
Age : 25
Location : Happy Place

PostSubject: Re: Top TV Shows of All-Time   Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:56 pm

X wrote:
The Nanny? Ew, I can't stand that show. Although, King Of The Hill, Yu Yu Hakusho, and DBZ are all awesome. Yu Yu Hakusho would easily of been of my favorite lists but I never got to see much past the Dark Tournament, as CN switched it's timeslot to one in the morning.

Lol The Nanny is a show that people either hate or love and its usually because of her voice that most hate the show. Yu Yu Hakusho was one of the best Anime shows that I've ever seen and I was hella pissed when CN switched it to one in the morning but after the Dark Tournament the show got a little dull to me but still it was amazing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Y2J X
Main Eventer
avatar

Posts : 814
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Top TV Shows of All-Time   Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:06 pm

Rey De Reyes wrote:
X wrote:
The Nanny? Ew, I can't stand that show. Although, King Of The Hill, Yu Yu Hakusho, and DBZ are all awesome. Yu Yu Hakusho would easily of been of my favorite lists but I never got to see much past the Dark Tournament, as CN switched it's timeslot to one in the morning.

Lol The Nanny is a show that people either hate or love and its usually because of her voice that most hate the show. Yu Yu Hakusho was one of the best Anime shows that I've ever seen and I was hella pissed when CN switched it to one in the morning but after the Dark Tournament the show got a little dull to me but still it was amazing.

I don't mind the voice, my problem was that besides the butler (for the most part), nobody could get a chuckle out of me.

Yeah, I agree that it got a little dull after the Dark Tournament. I kind of expected it to though, the Dark Tournament was like forty episodes of epic story-telling, character development, and awesome battles. I'd probably rank it as my second favorite arc in any anime every, falling short to the Cell one in DBZ.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hippnotizeinfamousminds
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
avatar

Posts : 306
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2010-12-17
Age : 24
Location : Dimension X

PostSubject: Re: Top TV Shows of All-Time   Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:02 pm

25 shows I like. Toonami was <3 by the way.

Anime
Mobile Suit Gundam 00
Mobile Suit Gundam G
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing
Yu Yu Hakusho (Which got much better after the dark tournament.)
Ruroni Kenshin
Suzuka
One Piece
Dragon Ball Z

Cartoons
X-Men (90's)
Scooby-Doo
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
King Of The Hill
The Simpsons (90's)
Fantastic Four
Silver Surfer

Other
Arrested Development
The Increasingly Poor Decisions Of Todd Margret
Countdown w/ Keith Olbermann
The Colbert Report
NBA Gametime
The Office (US & UK)
The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air
Family Matters
The Jamie Foxx Show
The Wayans Bros.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dawgdawg.proboards.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Top TV Shows of All-Time   

Back to top Go down
 
Top TV Shows of All-Time
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» night time pike fishing
» HALF TIME SHOW BLOWS
» Narelle Lehmann wins Daylesford Women's 100m for 3rd time
» 60 years ago - Lewis runs fastest time to win Burnie
» Fareham Wheelers Thursday Time trials

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Combat Arts & Wrestling :: General Discussion :: Media-
Jump to: