HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Lateral Press!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: The Lateral Press!   Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:18 am

I doubt MF will be against this after all my years dedication to CGS, WU and CAW. But I thought I'd promote my blog. Its run by myself and two other guys. We are all from Australia and are looking for more staff members. Especially a Smackdown reviewer and a TNA reviewer seeming none of us watch that crock of shit. Also Columnists if anyone is interested.

At the moment we only have like 15 or so readers but its a start. Soon we planning on doing Video's. Something like Chair Shot Reality. Also what is great is all 3 of us staff members are going to Wrestlemania next year so we were going to do like a Mania weekend video covering HOF, Axxess, The hotel atmosphere and of course Mania and Raw. So yeah, Should be sweet if we are around till then. (I think we will be)

So yeah, Definately check us out. We plan on getting DVD Reviews, and some other random stuff like Jobber of the week up soon. Take a gander.

http://thelateralpress.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Lateral Press!   Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:34 pm

http://thelateralpress.blogspot.com/2011/08/matt-and-jeff-hardly-best.html

Check this out. Great read ...

btw, Who Negative repped?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Y2J X
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: The Lateral Press!   Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:14 am

^Hey, pictures were added to that article. I don't remember them there when I read it. Anyways, that was a good read, but anything anti-Jeff Hardy that's well thought-out is probably going to get my praise. I've been saying similar stuff about Jeff since 2008 (of course, there is more now)... The Matt parts I liked too, since I knew less about his bad stuff than Jeff.

As for who gave the negative rep, it wasn't me, the only thing I negative repped was Manu's "I like it up the butt" comment in the warzone. You could always just check who's been active recently and see how many negative reps they've given to limit the options down, and then ask them, if you really want to find out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Lateral Press!   Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:48 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Y2J X
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: The Lateral Press!   Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:56 am

^So, did you change your mind on the best Angle/Benoit match? Because I swear when I asked you back on CGS, you said their Wrestlemania X-Seven encounter. Whatever, that's not why I'm posting.

So, that little blog enticed me into finding and watching Davey Richards vs Eddie Edwards. That match was awesome. Unfortunately, the flow of the match was disturbed because the site I watched on it has this every five minutes a freaking ad thing, which is fine because you can x it off immediately but still it was annoying. Anyways, I'm going to comment on the few negatives I can think of. The suicide dive early on was one of the worst I've seen. The first time they did headbutts on the top, it just got lame near the end. I hate describing something like that, but that's all I can think off to name it. I didn't like how after the amazing German suplex, Eddie just got right back up. That makes it sound worse than it was... because the damage was still showed, it just bugged me. But the worst part of the match, the finish. Just the move that put Eddie away, not the little series before it because that part of the finish was great. If this isn't making sense, it's because I don't want to spoil the match for anybody whom has yet to watch it. Back to my point, just the last move Davey did, I don't know if it's a finisher of his or not, but it was just one of those moments were I had to replay it because I couldn't believe it was that move that finished him. Not trying to bash on the match, because everything else was great.

As for Davey Richards being the best in the world. I'm only speaking from one match of course, but I disagree. He was absolutely excellent with submissions though. I don't even think I know just how to say how much I enjoyed the submission work in this match, especially from Davey.

To me, CM Punk is still the best in the world (currently). I don't think a single wrestler has been able to revive my love of wrestling as much as Punk has. I might even love it more than I ever had. Granted, that part has more than just Punk to thank for (but he's a damn big part), and I've only been following since 2006 but still...

In closing though, thanks for bringing the match to my attention, and I'm looking for to reading more TLP posts. The blogs been great.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Lateral Press!   Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:42 am

I possibly did say WM X-Seven, But opinions change and to me it is their Rumble encounter which stands out.

Now in regards to your issues with the match. The Suicide Dive was a botch but everyone fucks up. That doesn't make a match bad. Look at Punk vs Cena at MITB. Punk botched a crossbody and landed on Cena's legs, Punk did the GTS wrong by kneeing Cena in the chest, Punk didn't catch Cena of the leg drop to powerbomb him. Did that make the match bad? Hell no. That match will be memorable in 20 years as the pro's greatly outway the con's. Especially with Edwards & Richards encounter. I'm not arguing your statement because you never stated the match was poor, Just wanted to point that out.

Now the headbutts, That was just simple Independent Wrestling style. It grows on you. Also, For the no selling of the German, I believe I missed it. Must have not been that substantial though as I don't remember it.

Lastly, With regards to you thinking Punk is the best. It's cool. To each their own. I personally feel there are many individuals in the ring which are better wrestlers. Even within WWE (Bryan, Ziggler, Kidd) but to each their own. Don't get me wrong though, I'm a huge Punk mark. Don't want to sound like a hater ... never.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Y2J X
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: The Lateral Press!   Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:43 pm

Sykesy wrote:
I possibly did say WM X-Seven, But opinions change and to me it is their Rumble encounter which stands out.

Sweet. Their Rumble encounter is probably my favorite match, period. Just wanted to make sure.

Quote :
Now in regards to your issues with the match. The Suicide Dive was a botch but everyone fucks up. That doesn't make a match bad. Look at Punk vs Cena at MITB. Punk botched a crossbody and landed on Cena's legs, Punk did the GTS wrong by kneeing Cena in the chest, Punk didn't catch Cena of the leg drop to powerbomb him. Did that make the match bad? Hell no. That match will be memorable in 20 years as the pro's greatly outway the con's. Especially with Edwards & Richards encounter. I'm not arguing your statement because you never stated the match was poor, Just wanted to point that out.

For some reason, I feel the need to point out that you missed one of the botches in CM Punk/Cena at MITB. I remember their was one point where Punk was like, suppose to land on his feet instead of taking the AA, and instead landed on his ass. I think one of the commentators even said he landed on his feet... but I'll stop here before I get on a rant about them.

Quote :
Now the headbutts, That was just simple Independent Wrestling style. It grows on you. Also, For the no selling of the German, I believe I missed it. Must have not been that substantial though as I don't remember it.

Just to clarify, I liked the headbutts for most of the match, it was just that one point were it looked lame early one. As for the German, it wasn't really no selling, but he did get up instantly.

Ah, I missed being able to talk about wrestling like this online.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Lateral Press!   Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:26 pm

Oh yes, I remember the feet landing. It was Booker T who stated he landed on his feet (Hate that guys commentary but at the same time I love it.) But see when it is a great match, Things like that just don't bother me.

Oh and for getting up instantly after the German ... That happens all the time in pro wrestling. Especially Angle/Benoit sorta matches.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Affzilla.
Upper-Carder

PostSubject: Re: The Lateral Press!   Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:20 pm

Whoever nep repped the OP's first post is just an evil and mean spirited bastuuuurd.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Legend
Mid-Carder

PostSubject: Re: The Lateral Press!   Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:49 pm

It's a great blog, very informative and a great read. As for the neg rep, I wouldn't really worry, the rep feature is often abused so anyone can rep anything for anything so meh.. Still though I do enjoy reading The Lateral Press, keep up the great additions.

4DK Certificate of WinRawr Winner
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://worldkombatsyndicate.proboards.com/index.cgi
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Lateral Press!   Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:37 am

OP?

Oh and I am not worrying about the Negative rep. I am aware of who it was ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Affzilla.
Upper-Carder

PostSubject: Re: The Lateral Press!   Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:35 pm

OP=Original Poster.

Who was it? I'll destroy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Lateral Press!   Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:37 pm

IT WAS ME, AUSTIN! IT WAS ME ALL ALOOOOOOOOOOONG!

Just kidding. But a great read, though. Keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Lateral Press!   Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:22 am

Love the McMahon comment ... One of the best WWF storyline's.

Also, We are currently looking for somebody to review Smackdown every week as our current guy has been unreliable for two weeks. If you're interested contact me. (I'm looking at you Edgehead Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Y2J X
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: The Lateral Press!   Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:06 am

Read the Smackdown review a day ago, and had a problem with it. Cena vs. Barrett, how did that get a three? Just rewatched it on Youtube, it was under three minutes, and Barrett really only had one offensive move (not counting strikes). I thought that match was awful, and it's strange that Bryan/Cara got the same rating. Otherwise, the rest was great.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lateral Press!   

Back to top Go down

The Lateral Press!
Page 1 of 1